Foundations for Success Program
- The Foundations for Success Program is primarily an online program in partnership with Atlantic Cape Community College. The program gives participants receiving benefits through Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), General Assistance (GA) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and eligible Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Workers the opportunity to voluntarily receive education, training, support services and the soft skills needed to re-engage with and return to the workforce. Successful participants will receive the Guest Service Gold Certification.
- The Foundations for Success Program will be conducted in both a virtual and face to face format and has six dynamic modules: Getting Started, The Job Readiness Series, The Job Seeking Series, The Job Keeping Series, Foundations for Success, and Certification (Guest Service Gold Certification). The modules will cover a variety of topics that meet the Work Verification Plan Requirements. The program is designed to take twelve weeks with a minimum of 70 hours of content.
- Atlantic County Workforce Development Board will refer eligible participants for the program.
- Participation in the program is voluntary and participants will work independently from home
- Participants will be assigned a Success Coach.
- The Success Coach will work with participants to access their online content, provide an orientation to the program and schedule "in-person" content that will enhance the online program content.
- Participants will have access to the ACCC Atlantic City campus two days per week to work with a Success Coach as needed (daytime and evening sessions are available).
- The Success Coach will also schedule online "check-in" sessions for participants to track progress, answer questions, provide regular feedback and encouragement to their assigned participants
For more information, Atlantic County residents interested in The Foundations for Success Program can contact The Atlantic County Workforce Development Board (One Stop Career Center) at (609) 485-0052, Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:40pm.
On-the-Job Training (OJT)
On behalf of the Atlantic County Workforce Development Board I would like to thank you for contributing to the economy of Atlantic County. The Atlantic County Office of Workforce Development extends an opportunity to provide assistance to you in the development of your business enterprise with the On-the-Job Training (OJT) program. This program can offset a portion of your initial training costs while providing opportunities for Atlantic County’s dislocated workers to begin a new job in advanced manufacturing, aviation, logistics or other diversified industry sectors.
This On-the-Job Training (OJT) program will provide:
- Financial incentives to employers who hire, train and retain eligible workforce candidates identified by the Atlantic County Office of Workforce Development and the Atlantic County Workforce Development Board.
- up to 70% wage reimbursement to offset the cost of training of new eligible workforce candidates for a specified contracted period of time.
- Relevant occupational training and full-time employment to eligible participants.
OJT is a strategic employment service that supports the business community in their hiring process by adding staff capacity, productivity and training at reduced costs to the Employer. It is an excellent vehicle for eligible, pre-screened, pre-qualified Job Seekers to build their skills, while assisting the employer in maintaining or expanding a personally-trained, skilled workforce.
The Employer designs the on-site training. The training is aligned with the skills required for the job and is a long term investment in the company. OJT benefits the Job Seeker by providing an opportunity to “earn as they learn” in a hands-on environment, acquire job and career advancement skills.
Atlantic County is excited to partner with you in this training program and looks forward to supporting in the development and growth of your business.
For more information, please contact Francis Kuhn, Executive Director (609) 485-0153 ext. 4805